Monday, January 28, 2008
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
One of the first things I did was separate her shoes from her legs. I really don't understand why sculptors still do that. It is so much easier to paint if it is separate. But I guess it would be easier to make casts, the good thing that I can fix it.
The only big problem with Faye was her hair. The resin is very hard and brittle so I couldn't carve as much details as I would like. Plus, had some time consuming repair done on her jacket, ones it was painted. I didn't want to leave a connection line where the parts meet. Otherwise it was quite easy to put her together.
Friday, January 4, 2008
This is my favorite picture.