Friday, April 24, 2009

Kanu in plaid skirt

Another commission project is done.

I had to put a lot of time into modifying this kit.
The original sculpture had skirt in one piece and her body cut in half. I had to glue the body together (sand off her underwear), cut the skirt in half (so its removable) and create her underwear from scratch.
Pretty much everything on this kit is removable (even her long socks).
Lots of work, lots of fun.
I am very happy with results










More pictures on my photobucket account. The button is on the right side of the screen.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saber in a gown

Another commission work.

I had lots of trouble with this one o_O I really like the concept of this figure, but I wish sculptor would had spend a little more time on posing her. The pose doesn't feel right to me. But oh well, I had to do my best with what I had :D

She have lots of removable parts on her (it was one of the problems with fitting them all). Most of her clothing is removable (underwear, top bra, skirt, and shawl). Plus she have to different heads (one with hair down and one with pony tail).

It was a bit struggle to finish up this kit, but at the end of the day, I am happy with my results (plus the customer liked her too :D )









Wednesday, April 15, 2009

C.C. from Code Geass

This beautiful C.C. was a real pleasure to work with. This is an original kit (E doesn't have this kit) and she did not need almost any prep work at all. Too bad she is a commission kit, I would have like to keep her ( LOL , don't worry Chelsea, she is already shipped to you)
Her outfit is white with very non intrusive light green shading. I used a paler skin tone on her. As I said before, she was a real fun to work on.





Monday, April 6, 2009

Gymnast Rei

I had this kit for a while now, and almost had it painted too. First time when I painted her, I used purple and orange colors (go broncos lol), but I really didn't like how it came out. So I put her on a shelf and kind of forgot about her. Until I got another gymnast kit.

I had some new ideas for the new kit (not Rei), so since Rei was already preped for painting, I tried some ideas on her.

I am very happy with how she turned out. I should had spend a little bit more time on some areas... but I have way too many kits laying on my table.
The sparkly thingy on her chest is supposed to be NERV logo. Its not as clear as I imagine it to be.





This is the picture of the other colors I used. I am glad I changed it.





Eternal Sailor Moon

This kit brings a lots of good memories for me. I started to do resin kits because of the Sailor Moon show. I remember searching on eBay for finished statues of her and finding only unpainted resin kits. So I decided to actually try to paint one. I am very happy I did.

This is a commission work. Very simple, very colorful. I added some iridescent paint on her wings.





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...