Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Workbench - Kara

Got some work done on Kara. It is not much progress, but as I said in the previous post, I did work on my contest entry :D

Drilled a little trench around her underwear, so the leg fits better (after I apply putty).


Also fixed the big issues with her sides. All the red stuff is the Bondo Glazing Putty.




And assembled the hair. There is way too many pieces for her head :D
Most of the times I like to keep the pieces separate, but in this instance the hair will case me less problem if they are together :D


This is before I cleaned up the glue and other trouble parts.

I did prime some of the parts already, but don't have any photos as of yet.

Percy Harvin watercolor.

Iknow I did not update this blog for a while, but it doestn mean I didn't do anything :D
Its been a fun couple of weeks. Between enjoying the spring time (getting out of my dungen :D), trying to restore the lawn, having a root canal done (actually it was remaking a root canal >.<), and getting a big huge blister on my palm, I actually finished some stuff up :D
This is one of the things.

This is the latest watercolor drawing for my friend. The guy in the picture is Percy Harving. He plays for Vikings now, but this is his college team uniform (Gators from Florida).
I don't really follow football, so this info is just for people who are interested at this kind of stuff :D



Another thing that I got finished is my entry for Summer contest at the E store. You have to wait until they post the entries first, then I can post it here. Don't want to ruin the surprise :D

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Workbench - Kara

OK, since I am done with two projects, I have some space open in my workbench for another one :D
This girl with will be a hand full, since it wasn't the best cast and will need lots of fixing up.

The kit is a 1/6 scale Kara from Toushin Toshi ( http://www.e2046.com/product.php?products_id=9083 ). The kit was purchased from E2046 store.

The problem with the cast is not too bad, BUT.....
I do have a same kit from the first batch the store run, and this is god-knows-the-number batch. It was very easy to see how overused the mold is :(
See it for yourself.
The first run batch kit is on the left, the last batch kit is on the right.
See, it will take me a while to make it ready for painting

Rei - finished

Finally got the good pictures of Rei.
It is always a challenge for me to photo kits that are mostly in white. Half of the photos come out overexposed :(

Anyway, here is the completed Rei. I think she came out very good :D
What do you think?









All the different options for Rei.
Sometimes I wish I had five hands too, and lets not talk about the brain :P

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chii in shirt - completed

OK, this kit just magically got completed :D
No, I am serious. This girl been looking at me from a box on the shelf for a while now and some how she just ended up on my worktable. I was working on her between all of my other pieces and without notice, she got completed :P

I didn't take too many progress pictures (since I wasn't really working on her :D), but I did find some photos.
Of course the biggest challenge was her hair. It came in five pieces (including the small pony tails). Ones the hair was fixed up, it was a breeze :D


This is it for the progress pics :D, now the complete kit.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...