Sunday, January 30, 2011

Workbench - Sheryl Nome from Macross

Another project that was on my table for a while, but for some reason I didn't update the progress here :D
This is a Sheryl Nome from Macross.  The kit was recast from PVC version, which means very easy part break down.  The quality of the kit was so good that it didn't take me that long to clean up.  Combine that with easy part break down and it means I got to go to painting part (the best part) almost right away.

So here is all of the in-progress pictures.

this is a reference pic I got from a customer for color scheme.

All of the belts on corset came it as a separate pieces.  

 



 The hair took me a couple of tries to get it right.   I am very happy how it turned out :D
 

Now I just have to finish up her shoes and her mike.

Workbench - Sakura from Card Captor

 Some major update on Sakura's dress :D
Painted it with Pearl Pink (Createx). 





Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Workbench - Storm Rider

Have some updates on the big guy from Storm Riders.
I had him prepped for some time now, but didn't get a chance to paint him.  Well now I did :D


Monday, January 10, 2011

Workbench - Sakura from Card Captor

A new girl on my table is this little Sakura from Card Captor  (http://www.e2046.com/product/1376)
The kit is pretty small (only 1/8), but since her dress is so big, she looks lot bigger.

Her skirt/dress was separated into four big pieces.  Took me some time (and patients to fix it up)
 

The next little challenge was connecting her upper body to her dress.  I figured that the dress should be just one piece, so I decided to saw off her tummy area and connect it to the skirt.  I hope that my pictures explain it better then my words :D
 


 Now after some extensive sanding and fixing time, this is what I have on my hands :D
She is very close to be ready for painting.

 

Oh and while I was waiting for primer to dry, I decided to work on her little base.  I am trying out some new technic for the base right now.  I am using printed out designs on the paper (I bought the pre-printed stock paper) and apply it to the base.   It looks good so far (I still need to apply Future to it and hope its not going to ruin the paper :D )

Workbench - Ivy's friend

Sorry for not updating for a while  (^_^;)
You guys are the best for sticking around.

Anyway, here is some progress I made during all my "quiet" time 

I've been working on a Ivy's fighting companion (I am totally spacing out her name right now )
I got her as a Thai prepainted kit and was asked to modify and fix her a little. 
Now I remember why I don't like Thai kits  ('-^*)

This is how she used to look before I got hold of her.
 

 I was asked to repaint the skin (and everything else too :D ), so here is her after a Purple bath.
It took me couple of tries to get all the paint off.  


I had to saw of her legs, since it was all connected very weirdly.  Here is the proof of my chopping ('-^*)
That was kind of fun.  The step that followed (reconnecting the legs with putty and pins) was not as much fun.

 Of course during the disassemble part, couple of the parts got broken.  One of them was her neck.  Ouch.

I cleaned up most of the bad areas (which were previously covered by paint or sanded off) and re-sculpted most of the problem areas.  
Now I get to work on her removable armor.
I am still currently working on Ivy's swords and her head.  I didn't want to paint her eyes, since she is suppose to be facing this girl in a great battle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...