Monday, October 27, 2008

Workbench - Misato

I am still not fully working on this kit, just in between other projects. Surprisingly, she is comming allong very fast.
I am almost done with her jacket. I decided to paint it a little more darker red then it is in anime. I think that burgundy color is much richer and makes her more alive and not drawn. Also I decided to make the jacket glossy. I love texture and so far she is mostly have just flat finish on her. The glossy jacket will create a nice texture difference and bring her to life. I hope I don't offend any Evangelion fans by changing my colors :D

Painted her eyebrows and her eyes. I am still not very happy how her eyes turned out, but I am going to give it a small rest and see in a day of two before I change anything.

Misato is such a big and beatiful kit that I just had to do something special for her base too. I got plain wooden base in my craft store, applied the wood stain on the sides, painted the top part black and airbrushed the NERV design. This is the first time I did the base this way and I like it a lot.

At the end of the day, I started to turn all of my equipment down and clean my mess. I turned around and nocked poor Misato down >.<>

More coming up.


No comments: