Saturday, June 26, 2010
I've been working some evening shifts (again), and because of that I didn't have too much time to work on my kits. Plus I run out of primer ( O.o ), which is no wonder considering how much I had to re sand and prime all the Elphi's skirt pieces. Now I just have to find some time to go and pick up some more after work. On the good note, Michael's finally restock its supplies of Dull Coat (plus I had a coupon for 20% off on whole purchase), so I am set for a while now :D
While I didn't have too much time to finish much, I did finished up Roberta's stockings.
Since she already have lots of solid whites on her (apron and underskirt), I decided to give her a slightly transparent stockings (and gloves). I think it turned out pretty well.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Roberta have such an amazing part break that I don't need to mask any part of her dress. So of course the second all the prep work was done on the dress, I had to paint it (plus I really needed to take a break from all the sanding and priming)
My client requested a black uniform for Roberta (in some reference picture I found she is portrait in blue, black and even sometime brown). Since I am making her stockings silky, the dress had to be something else. The more textures I have on the kit, the more real it looks to me :D
I have this laquer based Flat black paint that I just love (I used it for Caster's cape). It was a perfect choice for Roberta (if I say so myself :P )
The black was easy, few layers of paint plus Flat fixative and its done (I don't shade black). Her underskirt and apron was a different issue.
For white I used Icy White (it have a slight blue tint to it). I find that its much easier to shade white with blue if you already have a small tint in it.
Friday, June 18, 2010
I think I am starting to see it in my sleep.
This is the example of what I had to deal with :
Also while I am using dremel, I am adjusting the sculpt in some places.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
For most parts, the cast is very nice and clean, but I still have few problem areas.
The chest/head piece actually fits in perfectly, but the first skirt needs some putty.
Still need to clean up all the putty mess, but at least its all harden and ready for sanding.
Another fixer upper is her hair. I had two small strands of the hair that needed to be attached first. I have to say that I pocked my fingers with the end of the hair numerous times O_0 Its kind of painful.
This is a very big kit. Her skirt is a lot bigger then my hand (of course my hands are not that big , but still >.< )
Its going to be so much "fun" cleaning up all this ruffles 0_0
But on the other hand, look at all this cool design for her stockings and underwear.
I can't wait to wait to paint this beauty.
There is one problem with this kit. I received two halves of umbrella, but they are both of the same side. So now I will have to wait for replacement :(
I didn't even noticed that they were the same, until I actually tried to assemble the umbrella.
Lets just hope that I will receive replacement soon.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
This is Euphemia from Code Geass. I think this is the most beautiful sculpts of her. She is 1/5 scale and she is HUGE. I had to hunt down for a base for her, because I didn't have any big enough.
A first test fit.
Its this time of the year... Contest time
The E2046 finally posted all the entries for this years Summer contest.
Check it out http://www.e2046.com/contest_album_summer.php
Good luck to all participants
P.S. I will post my work-in-progress and final kit pictures after the Contest end.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Not that long ago I got myself some of the balsa foam and finally found something to try it on.
Pluto is kind of simple kit, so I figured that she need some nice base.
Here is the results on my experiment.