Friday, March 6, 2009

Roxanne

I decided to take a short break from commission work and finish up something for myself.
I had this kit laying around for a very long time, but never had enough time to start on her. Resently I was visiting one of my friends blogs ( http://www.gamekult.com/blog/otohime/ ) and was inspired by a web sites header (or at least by one of the girls on it). Thank you Otohime, you gave me a great idea for the colors :D

I was really excited to start on the kit, everything looked so easy at the begining. Oh boy, was I wrong. Can you say: " MASKING HELL" ? >.< Of course I should just blame myself for this self inflicted punishment, but after seeing her all complete, I think it was totally worth the effort.

Since this kit is not a commission, I decided to experiment a little bit. At the beginning, I was just going to do her hair the same way I always do it (base color with shaded highlights and shadows). But I decided to do something different. I have to thank Joa for this inspiration ( http://www.gkjapan.com/showthread.php?t=897 )

Even with all the masking and experimenting, it only took me about two weeks to complete her. I am very happy how she turned out.

2 comments:

Ilaria said...

Annya, I'm so totally in love with this color scheme: green is to me what blue is to you, you know? She's gorgeous, her face and hair is spectacular!

Annya's Workshop said...

Thank you Ila :D
I remember your Scarlete O'Hara comment, so I was sure that you would apreciate this color combination. I do love blue, but green is my second favorite.