Monday, January 10, 2011

Workbench - Sakura from Card Captor

A new girl on my table is this little Sakura from Card Captor  (http://www.e2046.com/product/1376)
The kit is pretty small (only 1/8), but since her dress is so big, she looks lot bigger.

Her skirt/dress was separated into four big pieces.  Took me some time (and patients to fix it up)
 

The next little challenge was connecting her upper body to her dress.  I figured that the dress should be just one piece, so I decided to saw off her tummy area and connect it to the skirt.  I hope that my pictures explain it better then my words :D
 


 Now after some extensive sanding and fixing time, this is what I have on my hands :D
She is very close to be ready for painting.

 

Oh and while I was waiting for primer to dry, I decided to work on her little base.  I am trying out some new technic for the base right now.  I am using printed out designs on the paper (I bought the pre-printed stock paper) and apply it to the base.   It looks good so far (I still need to apply Future to it and hope its not going to ruin the paper :D )

4 comments:

Chiara said...

Hi Annya!!
Beautiful new project!! I love Sakura and this dress is wonderful!! Can't wait to see it painted!!

AssassinsCreedFox said...

Dress looks like a shading nightmare...Though I can't wait to see what she looks like completed.

Annya's Workshop said...

You are right Assasin, she will take some patience to finish up. It took forever to just put that skirt together :D

Dulcea said...

Oh wow, that looks awesome! I just ordered that one this week, oddly enough, lol. Can't wait to see the finished product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...