Thursday, February 18, 2010

Workbench - Rei

My new commission kit :D

This is a kit of Rei from Evangelion. This sculpt comes with lots of diffent options for display. The have two different heads, two different sets of arms, and one extra hand (confusing, but ones you see it, you will undertand what I am talking about :P)

The quality of the cast was HORIBLE >.<
I guess the mold that the store used is worn out, so the surface of the kit is very bumpy. The fit of the parts is very had too. I had to use lots of putty to fix all the gaps on her. Plus I had to make sure that all the extra parts can be exchangeable.

First I present you with one of the Rei's heads. The top of the head consist of three different parts. I glued all the parts together first, because the is no way I am messing with this mess after I painted it :D





The other head did not have too much problem (compare to the other one :D)

The legs and her backpack didn't have to many problems, but it still needed some fixing.


And here comes the scary GAP :D
Most of the arm pieces needed some putty, but this one part takes the first place.
I tried to fit the piece lots of different ways, but any way you look at it, it needs lots of help. I don't know what happened to this part, maybe the mold shrink or something.
I aligned the piece to the top right corner of the sleeve and the rest I filled with putty.


4 comments:

Ilaria said...

Ugh! It really looks horrible! Is it a thai? It looks so, I mean, I never had such a fit problem from E. The resin also looks suspicious in color, but it might be the light.
Anyway, is it another commission? This is a very nice Rei, not my fav but a very in-character one.

Annya's Workshop said...

I was very shocked with quality of this kit too >.<
I already left E a feedback on this kit and send them the photos of it. They said that they are going to look into this :D
At least its a soft resin.

Unknown said...

Oh my is this really an E kit ? it looks like a thai kit.

Good luck with this one, i'm sure you will do some great work as usual ;)

Annya's Workshop said...

Thank you Chrystel for your vote of confidens :D
I had some worries at first, specially when I was putting the hair together :D
She looks much nicer now.