Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nanako finished

Finally found some time to post the finished pictures of Nanako.  I hope you like her :D

 

 







Workbench - Sailor V

Small update on Sailor V. 
Painted her eyes and pretty much everything else too :D  I just need to paint her V shape stand and her glasses.

Some completed photos.  The first one without flash, the other two are with flash.


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Workbench - Sailor V

Update on Sailor V.

I am almost done with this girl (most of the painting was done before my airbrush accident :D).
For the colors I used the same shades as I did for my Sailor Moon.


Hair all done, just need to paint her eyes.


And this is a quick preview :D
Right now I have way too many headless models on my table O_o

Workbench - Storm Riders

No updates for a week, and now I am overflowing with stuff :D

Started to paint my Storm Rider guys.
Tried to match the colors as close as possible to the reference.







Had a lot of fun with the base (love painting water on clear plastic)


I love this purple, maybe I should use it more often :D



This is what I have today. Two lonely guys without heads :D

New Airbrush

I know that I've been gone for a while, but I do have a really good excuse :P
My airbrush had some problems. I guess it got cloged somewhere inside (air flow was restricted) and it is usually not a problem, since I just put the airbrush into my ultrasonic cleaner, but.... My ultrasonic cleaner got busted (^_^;)
Got myself a new cleaner ($40), it fixed the problem with airbrush flow, but.....
While all this stuff happened, I broke a rubber ring that goes into the airbrush. Now I need a replacement parts O_o
So I said "Hell with this" and got myself a new airbrush :D


I took some adjustment to use it (paint had to be less water down), but otherwise its great.
Now back to painting.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Workbench - Storm Riders

I've been working on Storm Rider guys.
Glued the parts together and primed them. There is not that much clean up on plastic kits, so painting starts very soon :D


The hair of one guy and the head of the other are made from a rubber like material. Its all squishy :D



The cape is the only piece that gave me any problems. I had to glue the very thin main part to the plastic/clear collar part.

Roberta finished


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Workbench - Storm Riders

Another commission project (two projects actually :D )
This guys are from Storm Riders anime. Both of them are plastic kits, about 1/8 scale. The cool thing is that they are cast in clear plastic.

First guy.






The second guy.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...