Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Faye from Cowboy Bebop

This was an impulse buy. I like Cowboy Bebop a lot, but I already have way too many kits as it is. But sometimes I just can't resist. I got this kit on Ebay and yes it is a Thai recast. For some weird reason, I really wanted to work on the music box that Faye is sitting. The recast is not that bad (most of details were still there and the fit was very good), but the music box is a mess. I had to re-sculpt some of the parts for it.
This is what I had to work with.
And this is my own replica of the top part of the music box.

One of the first things I did was separate her shoes from her legs. I really don't understand why sculptors still do that. It is so much easier to paint if it is separate. But I guess it would be easier to make casts, the good thing that I can fix it.

The only big problem with Faye was her hair. The resin is very hard and brittle so I couldn't carve as much details as I would like. Plus, had some time consuming repair done on her jacket, ones it was painted. I didn't want to leave a connection line where the parts meet. Otherwise it was quite easy to put her together.


Now I have to finish up the music box and design a base for her. It is kind of funny that the part I wanted to paint is the last one I am doing.

Anyway here is some previews of Faye. Don't they look cute together?

No comments: